Taquitos are a delicious and convenient snack that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, party food, or a quick snack on the go. With the help of an air fryer, you can make these crunchy little treats even more delicious and easier to prepare. In this article, I will instruct you how to cook frozen taquitos in an air fryer, so you can enjoy this tasty snack in just a few minutes.
1. How To Cook Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
- Frozen Taquitos Package (You can use Delimex Brand, Jose Ole’s Brand, or El Monterey Brand)
- Your favorite sauce for toppings or dipping (Salsa, Sour cream,, Fresh Guacamole, Sriracha Mayo, Hot Sauce)
Step 1: Take the amount of frozen taquitos you want to eat out of the package.
Step 2: Put frozen taquitos into an air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer, then spray light oil.
Step 3: Air fry frozen taquitos at 400 ° F for 8 minutes, after the first 4 minutes pause to check and shake the basket.
Step 4: Use kitchen tongs to transfer taquitos to a plate and let them cool down for 1 minute then toppings with your favorite sauce and enjoy.
2. Tips When Cooking Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
- Leave some space between frozen taquitos so the hot air of the air fryer can spread all sides evenly.
- You don’t need to preheat the air fryer and thaw frozen taquitos before cooking
- Spray light oil on frozen taquitos. The oil keeps them from drying out too quickly when cooking in an air fryer
- If you have a small basket, you may need to cook frozen taquitos in batches.
- You should use parchment paper so that you can easily clean the basket after frying
3. What Sauce To Serve With Taquitos?
When it comes to the perfect taquito, the filling inside is just as important as the crunchy exterior. But what about the all-important sauce? What sauce is best for taquitos?
The answer depends on who you ask. Some people swear by a simple cream-based sauce, while others opt for a healthier salsa-based sauce. Still others may prefer a spicy sauce.
For a classic taquito experience, many people opt for a cream-based sauce. Sour cream, crema, and even mayonnaise are all popular options. These sauces provide a creamy, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the flavors of the taquito’s filling.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, salsa is a great choice. Salsa is made from tomatoes, bell peppers, and other vegetables and spices, and it’s a great way to get your daily dose of veggies. Plus, it’s a great way to add a little bit of spice to your taquitos.
If you’re in the mood for something a bit more adventurous, you can try a spicy sauce. Hot sauce, chipotle sauce, and other chili-based sauces can all add a bit of heat to your taquitos. Just be sure to start small and add more if you’d like; you don’t want to overpower the flavor of the taquito’s filling.
No matter what type of sauce you choose, be sure to serve it with plenty of napkins! Taquitos can be messy, but they’re worth the mess. Enjoy!
Overall, using an air fryer to cook frozen taquitos is a great way to have a tasty and healthy snack without having to use oil. With just a little bit of preparation, you can have a delicious taquito in no time! All you need is some frozen taquitos, an air fryer, and your favorite toppings. With the right temperature and settings, you can have delicious taquitos in no time.