Frozen chicken breast is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen, and cooking it in an air fryer can take your meals to the next level.
Whether you’re looking to create a quick and easy dinner or want to explore different flavors, air-frying frozen chicken breast is a great way to get the job done.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the process of air frying frozen chicken breast, from prepping and seasoning to cooking and serving. Let’s get started!
1. How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- Frozen chicken breast (coated skinless)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Garlic powder
Step 1: Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over frozen chicken breasts, then sprinkle one teaspoon of salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Finally, brush so the chicken breasts absorb all the spices.
Step 2: Put seasoned chicken breast into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 20 minutes or until your chicken breast is crispy and golden brown. After the first 10 minutes, flip the chicken breast over.
Step 3: Use kitchen tongs to transfer cooked chicken breasts to a plate, cut them into bite-sized pieces, and serve immediately. You can serve chicken breast with rice, add it to salads, or brussels sprouts.
2. Tips When Cooking Frozen Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- You don’t need to preheat the air fryer. In my opinion, this is not necessary.
- You should use parchment paper so that you can easily clean the basket after frying
- It would be best if you used similarly sized chicken breast pieces so they are fully cooked at the same time because the small pieces will start to dry out by the time the largest pieces are done.
- Cooking time for frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer will depend a lot on their thickness; ½ inch thick: about 10 minutes1 inch thick: about 15 minutes1 ½ inches: about 20-22 minutes2 inches: about 28–30 minutes
- To check if the chicken breast is done, you can use a meat thermometer; the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken breast should be 165°F
3. What To Serve With Roasted Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer?
Once you’ve got the perfect roast chicken breast, what should you serve it with? There are plenty of delicious options that will complement the flavor and texture of your chicken breast. Let’s take a look at a few of the best sides to serve with roasted chicken breast in the air fryer.
For a delicious, healthy side to your chicken, consider adding roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables in the air fryer brings out their natural sweetness and also adds some great texture. Carrots, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms all work great for this.
If you’re looking for a flavorful side dish, consider adding a grain salad. A grain salad is a great way to add a lot of flavor and texture to your meal. Try making a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and some herbs. You can also try couscous or brown rice with your roasted vegetables.
If you want something a bit heartier, consider adding a potato side dish. Potatoes are a popular side dish because they’re so flavorful and filling. Try making some oven-roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs. You can also try making some air-fried french fries.
Finally, if you’re looking for something with a lot of flavors, consider making a sauce to serve with your chicken. Try making a simple pan sauce with white wine, butter, and herbs. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try making a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce for your roasted chicken. It’s sweet and acidic, and will add a great flavor to your meal.
With these delicious sides, you’ll have a complete meal for any night of the week. Roasted chicken breast in the air fryer is a delicious and healthy meal that can easily be served with a variety of sides. Try out some of these options the next time you make roasted chicken breast in your air fryer!
Read More: Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings